1) The FV calendar has been updated and further changes may be made with the end of lockdown. We recommend that everyone have a look at the new calendar and keep an eye out for further updates. The calendar can be found here.
2) This Sunday the 8th of August will be the School League Epee Teams and will be held at the State Fencing Centre in North Melbourne. All details, including registration can be found here, on the FV website. Please note a change in start times for the women’s event.
3) Entries are open for the Pre-AFC#3 competition to be held on the 20th and 21st of August. This event will be live streamed on Kayo and entries close a week before the competition on the 13th of August. Information and registrations can be done here.
4) Entries are open for the JD Challenge, which will be held at the State Fencing Centre on the 14th and 15th of August. Information and entries can be found here.
5) Entries for AFC#3 in Perth are now open and can be done here on the AFF website. Entries close on the 13th of August. We are all hoping that borders will be open by then.
6) We hope that everyone got the chance to experience the Open Competitions live streamed on Kayo. The next event to stream will be the Pre-AFC#3 Competition held on the 20th and 21st of August. You can read all about it here and you can use this link to sign up to Kayo and access your free viewing https://kayosports.com.au/?marketing=default&extcamp=fencingvic-ptr-fen-lnk-acq-grc-mlt-kyo&channel=fencingaus&campaign=launch&voucher=
7) Please note ALL Masks for FV/National and international competitions must have the new safety fitting. If you need any assistance with this, or clarification, please contact Kayt at email@example.com. Please note this WILL BE ENFORCED at the JD Challenge.
1) State Squads have resumed after lockdown, but are still under strict rules around density requirements. If you usually attend squad and have not received an e-mail regarding them restarting please contact Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) The pre-AFC#3 Epee Camp will be held on Sunday the 22nd of August from 9.30 – 4pm. The camp will be run by National Epee Coach Vlad Sher, details and how to register can be found here on the FV website.
3) FV is looking for volunteers to help out at the JD challenge on the 15th of August, if you have any small amount of time to give, please contact Lydia at email@example.com
4) The final day of the coaching course is the 29th of August, with assessments to be held on the 12th of September.
Please contact Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
5) The referee course will be held on the 3rd and 10th of October, with the assessment to be on the 17th of October.
Please contact Victoria at email@example.com if you have any questions.
6) There is a revised piste booking policy on the FV website, due to COVID density restrictions.
7) All coaches are REQUIRED to do the COVID-19 infection control training. It can be found here and completion certificates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also highly recommend all of our members do the COVID-19 infection control training and send completion certificates to their clubs and also highly recommend all of our members download the COVID-Safe app to protect the fencing community.
What’s onIf anyone has anything they’d like to advertise in our new what’s on section, please e-mail email@example.com.
All notices will remain for 5 weeks.
Please do not reply to this e-mail, please reply to our e-mail below.