We have scheduled some Zoom sessions to keep you all connected and fit. Links to these sessions can be found at the end of the newsletter.
- Friday 4 June: Foil Squad 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday 5 June: Epee Squad (Drills, Footwork & Theory session) 10am – 11am, Foil Squad 1pm – 2pm
- Monday 7th June: Foil Squad (Tais) 6pm-7pm
- Wednesday 9 June: Epee Squad (Seminar on Fencing Theory) 7pm – 8pm, Foil Squad (Tais) 6pm – 7pm
3) New Competition Registration Rules – Starting on the 14th May – with The Pre-AFC#2 Competitions, registrations for competitions will be open 2 weeks before the competition and close 1 week before the competition. There will still be the option of Late Entries, but we encourage you all to get your entry in at least a week before competition.
4) Get Active Kids Vouchers, Round 2– These Vouchers are now available by the Victorian Government to cover the cost of children getting involved in organised sport and recreation. Eligible children can receive up to $200. Information on eligibility can be found here. https://fencingvictoria.org.au/blog/2021/03/25/get-active-victoria-kids-voucher-program/
Photos by Vision Photos, who can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Level 1 Coaching Course – Due to clashes in the FV calendar and density quotations at the State Fencing Centre, the dates of session 4 and 5 of the coaching course have had to be moved.
Session 4 – Will now be on the 30th May
Session 5 – Will now be on the 18th of July.
Please contact Robyn at email@example.com if you have any questions.
6) UNSW Cross-Sectional Survey – UNSW are running a cross-sectional survey on why young Australians decide to participate in fencing. If you would like to complete the short survey, see the information on the FV website – https://fencingvictoria.org.au/blog/2021/05/06/invitation-to-complete-a-short-survey-about-youth-fencing/
7) Inaugural US Collegiate Fencing Webinar – An Inaugural US Collegiate Fencing Webinar for Australian Fencers will be held on Sunday 6 June 2021 at 11am (AEST) hosted by NSWFA and Crimson Education. See FV Website for further details.
8) Category 1 & 2 Competition Review – FV will be conducting a review of the category 1 and 2 systems currently in place, a revised system is expected this year. The FV community will be advised of all changes. If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Masks For Competitions – Please note all Masks for FV/National and International Competition must have the new Safety Fitting. If you need any assistance with this, or clarification, please contact Kayt at email@example.com
10) Coaches COVID-19 Infection Control Training – All coaches are REQUIRED to do the COVID-19 infection control training. It can be found here and completion certificates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also highly recommend all of our members do the COVID-19 infection control training and send completion certificates to their clubs and also highly recommend all of our members download the COVID-Safe app to protect the fencing community.
If you or someone you know is struggling with any mental health issues, you can always find support at Lifeline (https://www.lifeline.org.au/) or Beyond Blue (beyondblue.org.au). They both have phone, text and online chat support.
Zoom Links for Squad Sessions-
Foil Squads with Rob:
Time: 7pm – Monday 7 June & Thursday 10 June at 8pm
Meeting ID: 843 6744 6408
Please contact email@example.com for Password