Fencing Victoria will be commencing an Intensive Level 1 Training Course running on the following dates –
January 4th – 7th
The Course starts at 10.00am each day, finishes at 4.00pm, with an hour for lunch.
Assessment January 9th – 12:30pm
Attendance at all sessions is highly recommended for those wishing to complete their coaching qualification.
The Course will be run by Neil Hick – Level 3 in Epee, Foil and Sabre
Who might be interested?
This course is for:
- Fencers who wish to teach/coach in your club or school can obtain their Level 1 Coaching qualification. You will learn how to teach/coach individuals and groups basic to intermediate skills in fencing.
- Fencers (with 2 or more years of experience) who wish to consolidate fencing skills and expand your knowledge of fencing.
- Coaches wishing to update their skills and gain valuable practice and feedback.
Course Requirements and Pre-requisites
The course requirements are as follows:
- You will need to complete a Level 1 Coaching Principles course. You can do this over the internet at https://www.sportaus.gov.au/coaches_and_officials/coaches . The Level 1 Coaching Principles course is a requirement for accreditation via the National Coach Accreditation Scheme (there is no cost for this course).
- Participants must be affiliated members of Fencing Victoria or their State Body – If Interstate, please contact email@example.com to get payment details.
- Participants will need to have fenced for a minimum of two years
To obtain a Level 1 Accreditation Certificate in the weapon of your choice you will need to complete supervised hours and be assessed as competent in all coaching skills.
You will also need –
If you require further information, please contact Pieter Leeuwenburgh, “State Development Officer FV” at firstname.lastname@example.org