1) Evelyn Halls Olympic Experience Tokyo 2020 via Zoom
Fencing Victoria have managed to secure a session with Evelyn Halls, two-time Olympic fencer (Sydney 2000, Athens 2004). Evelyn though she knew what to expect at an Olympic Games. However, as Deputy Chef de Mission of the Australian team for Tokyo 2020, Evelyn had the opportunity to experience the Games from another perspective. Join Evelyn as she takes us behind the scenes of an Olympics staged in the time of COVID, an Olympics like no other.
we invite all members to join us next Thursday (30/09/2021) @ 7.00pm.
Zoom Link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87937106333
Please Email Robyn @ email@example.com for the meeting password
2) Victorian Sports Associations Collaborative Survey – Return to Sport Survey
In these unprecedented times, the team at Fencing Victoria is working hard behind the scenes to support our members, Clubs and Districts while planning for Season 2021/22.
A few things to note:
• The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
• All members of Fencing Victoria are invited to complete this survey.
• Your responses maybe combined with respondents from other sports within Victoria. The combined responses will form part of the overall data for a report that will go to Vicsport.
• You or your club or your district will not be identified in any reports using information from this survey.
• All information collected will be kept strictly confidential and stored securely and will only be used for the purpose outlined above.
If you have any questions about this survey, kindly contact the Fencing Victoria – GeneralManager@fencingvictoria.org
3) Social Capital Research – clubs and their social benefit
A social researcher, who Fencing Victoria has worked with in the past, is currently undertaking a large study into clubs and their social benefit.
They are looking for Fencing Victoria members to provide us real thoughts about their club and what it means and provides.
There have been 1100 responses so far, they would like more.
to participate in this survey, you will need to sign and send back a participate consent form. they are looking a short sentence for each question.
If interested in contributing to the study please email Pieter Leeuwenburgh @ firstname.lastname@example.org for the consent form, questionnaire and contact number of researcher.
4) Fencing Victoria: Buy and Sell Page
Have some fencing gear that you would like to sell? Fencing Victoria now has a page on its website. the Buy and Sell Page can be accessed hereThis page is for FV Members to Buy and Sell their gear. for more information please contact Robyn @ email@example.com
Please Note – These transactions are purely between seller and buyer, we are just acting as a conduit for the sale.
5) F.I.E – Anti-Doping Webinar Series
the F.I.E have launched an an 5 part Anti-Doping Webinar Series, if you would like to attend this webinar, please click here to register
If you or someone you know is struggling with any mental health issues, you can always find support at Lifeline or Beyond Blue. They both have phone, text and online chat support.Thanks,
Please do not reply to this e-mail, please reply to our e-mail below.